Chrissy G

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

SHOPPING By Christina Grimaldi

Charge it, charge it, I don't care
Love that skirt, what top to wear

Please pack those shoes back in their box
What's that fur... mink, rabbit or fox?

Peach, pink, purple, what color will it be?
So hard to choose what looks best on me

Earrings, purses, accessories and more
So many bags, barely fit through the door

Spent so much money and now I'm broke
Treated my visa as if it were a joke

I'll bring back those pants, they're too tight
Nope, my blouse goes with them just right

Ok, the stilletto's go back and that's that!
But without them my legs look too fat

Ok, the tube top is one size too small
But it was the last one in the mall

It seems I'm bringing back nothing at all
I'll just sit here and wait 'till the creditors call!!!

2 Comments:

  • At November 2, 2004 at 7:46 PM, Blogger Valerie said…

    Hey Chrissy...Val here again. I just wanted to say I got a little chuckle out of this poem. Very cute! I thought it could be even better if you tried writing it with meter. I think iambic pentameter would go nicely with this since your lines of verse are a bit longer. It's got rhyme and somewhat of a rhythm, so if you changed around a few words, I think it would be even smarter. :) (I love to shop as well, so I can relate totally!)

     
  • At November 10, 2004 at 4:57 PM, Blogger Chrissy G said…

    I agree with you. I tried to write it with as much rythym as I could but if I shortened some lines it would take away from the meaning of my poem. Thanks for your imput

     

Post a Comment

<< Home