Chrissy G

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Planting Seeds On Stone By Christina Grimaldi

I think of you and care for you but it means nothing
Songs of love are empty they are only what you sing

Words are torment, actions heaven and I am so alone
You did warn me, said I was planting seeds on stone

Close friends I could never be, at least not with you
Feelings I can not hold back, they must flow through

I ask a lot of you! Your feelings must be made of bone
Or maybe it's just me again, planting seeds on stone

They say patience is a virtue of which I have plenty
Why be patient for you when your heart is so empty?

Seems your heart is hollow and is one you can not loan
So why was I trying so hard to plant seeds on stone?

I have pleaded and waited for you, for much too long
The time has come to rescue myself and move on

Then maybe you will realize it is you which is alone
Hope one day you feel what it's like to plant seeds on stone

1 Comments:

  • At November 22, 2004 at 7:31 PM, Blogger Valerie said…

    Chrissy,
    __I just wanted to say, all meter and rhythm aside, that your poem truly touched me. It expressed for me a lot of EXACT feelings I felt just over a month ago prior to ending a very long relationship.
    __Every single "stanza" if you will, said something completely relevant to how I was thinking and feeling, and it was as if I was trying to plant something that I knew would not grow. I was ignorant and then I realized, through many signs and revelations, that I had been pleading and waiting too long for something that did not exist, or rather, which had faded.
    __The most striking image for me, and I am being 100% serious when I say it "STRUCK ME" (I literally went bug-eyed when I read it) was the line in which you said, "I ask a lot of you! Your feelings must be made of bone!" How interesting that you could put into words EXACTLY what I haven't been able to???????? This line incorporates a surprise nature to it - "I ask a lot of you!" and the rebuttle of which you reply that his feelings are solid and structured in their nature to the point that they are uncaring and to an extent, nothing.
    __Wonderful poem Chrissy. I am being completely sincere in my words...and keep writing. I really enjoy your poems.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home