Chrissy G

Saturday, January 15, 2005

Phantom Of The Opera

Hi everyone!!! Welcome back! I hope that you all enjoyed your holidays.

Tonight my stepfather and I took my mother out for her birthday. I think she is 49 years old now even though she insists that she's 35!!!! If she's 35... than she's been 35 for a very long time!! We attempted to have dinner at this popular Portuguese restaurant downtown, but they refused us because we failed to make reservations. You'd think that the last two times they refused us would give us the hint that reservations were needed, but as with many things in life we never learn!!!! We attempted to dine at the Mandarin but there was an hour wait and we were too hungry to sit around for an hour. I suggested a couple of nice Italian restaurants that I knew would seat us immediately but my mother( being a traditional Italian woman),refused to go, stating: "Why would I go and pay to eat something that I could make at home!". And so Mr. Greek's it was. Dinner was good but it was nothing in comparison to what we did after dinner. We went to go see the new movie Phantom of the Opera. WOW!!!! It was incredible. I was 9 years old when I was first introduced to the Phantom. My mother dressed me up in a purple floral, puffy velour dress, that made me look like I was wearing a bruise, and she took me to the live performance of The Phantom Of The Opera. I was in love. The theatre had red carpeting and everything was painted gold. It was, and still is, the most elegant place I had ever been. After my first encounter with the Phantom and Christine, I went back to visit them six times, and every time brought fresh tears to my eyes. After they stopped performing the opera I was upset. I saw it one last time before it ended and I remember thinking to myself that that was the end of my phantom rendevous. Then recently my mother and I went to see Mama Mia and in the pamphlet there it was, an advertisement for the new movie of The Phantom Of The Opera. We both look at each other and gasped "We HAVE to go see it". The Phantom holds sentimental value for my mother and I. It was something we both fell in love with and enjoyed sharing together. I loved it so much that I reinacted the main theme song in a lip sinc competition in high school and I won second prize. So now there was a new movie of our beloved opera and I decided that taking my mother to see it would be the best birthday gift ever, and it was. We sat there and were engulfed in the beauty of the music and amazed at what a good job they did on making this movie. It brought back so many beautiful memories for my mother and I and it was breathtaking. I think that the Phantom Of The Opera is so important to us, not only because it is an amazing classic story, but because it is probably the first thing that my mother and I shared and our memories of going to see the play are so beautiful and pure. After seeing the play at 9 years old I would sing the songs to my mother, but after I got older my voice changed and I didn't sound as good as I once did, so I stopped singing it to spare my mothers forgiving ears! The movie brought back so many memories and since it has been so long since we had last seen it, it also rekindled the story and love within us. So if you are planning on watching a movie, watch The Phantom Of The Opera, it is amazing and although nothing beats watching it live, the movie is still invigorating.

2 Comments:

  • At January 16, 2005 at 7:54 PM, Blogger anthonyferreira said…

    Sounds like a pretty good birthday. I've been a bit sceptical about the Phantom of the Opera movie, but I think I might check it out now. I've always wanted to see it in the theatre first though. In all probability, I won't do either. But here's to good intentions: I'll see both!

     
  • At November 17, 2020 at 12:29 PM, Blogger سونجول said…

    افضل شركة تخزين اثاث

    تقوم الشركة بتقديم عدة خدمات منهاا خدمة تخزين الاثاث ، لدينا المستودعات والاماكن المخصصه لتخزين الاثاث لاي مدة يحتاجها العميل
    منها أننا لدينا العمالة المدربة لدى الشركة تقوم بفك الأثاث لك فلا تحتاج إلى نجار وتكلفة زائدة كما أنها تقوم بتركيبه أيضا، وتعمل على تنظيف الأثاث بعد الفك فيكون نظيف من الغبار والأتربة ولا يكون هناك حاجة في دفع تكاليف شخص يأتي لتنظيف الأثاث فهذا لا يحملك عبء مصاريف إضافية.
    لدينا المستودعات والاماكن المخصصه لتخزين الاثاث لاي مدة يحتاجها العميل سواء طالت المده او قصرت
    شركة تخزين عفش بالرياض

    https://elsarhgroup.com/%D8%B4%D8%B1%D9%83%D8%A9-%D8%AA%D8%AE%D8%B2%D9%8A%D9%86-%D8%B9%D9%81%D8%B4-%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B1%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%B6/

     

Post a Comment

<< Home